Joseph au Cambodge

Les merveilleuses aventures de votre serviteur au pays des Khmers

05 February 2006

Ping-pong

Dear All,

I don't really now what to say today except that Lida beat me in ping-pong yesterday night. Fascinating, isn't it?

I had plans to go the Russian market but I decided to rest mostly this week-end as the work is hard during the week.

I took the opportunity to read and finished John Steinbeck's "Sweet Thursday". I loved the end: Doc receives an telescope from his friends instead of the microscope he needed but "Looking here at the infinitely small or over there to the infinitely distant, what's the difference?"

(Well, that's only what I remember in French and translate back to English. Can someone please check the exact quotation? Fleur, maybe, if I may ask?)

More soon if inspiration comes.

Joseph

1 Comments:

At 05 February, 2006 16:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Haven't read the novel, but had a great search on the internet. Here's what I found; hope it'll match:

"After all, I guess it doesn't matter whether you look down (through a microscope) or up (through a telescope) - as long as you look."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home