Joseph au Cambodge

Les merveilleuses aventures de votre serviteur au pays des Khmers

17 April 2006

Poipet to Siem Reap

Dear all,

Poipet to Siem Reap: 7 aduts, two children and the taxi driver in a regular Toyota Camry! Needless to say we were a little bit glued to one another. Dirt road for two thirds of the way, rest of the time not much better. Scenery beautiful, with hills in the background, palm trees, banana trees, rice fields, ponds, water buffaloes, ducks and birds. Three hours' trip.

The road is sided over a few kilometers with concrete blocks every 50m. I wonder what they were brought there for, but my intuition is they were brought there and never made functional for some reason (funds stopped flowing in or vanished?)

Siem Reap is more "civilized" and I was lucky enough to find a cheap hotel for 3$ a night. Arrived here 10 am. I think I' ll wait until tomorrow to attack the temples and just wander around today.

Let's go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home