Joseph au Cambodge

Les merveilleuses aventures de votre serviteur au pays des Khmers

13 July 2006

Angkor in the rainy season

Only today dit I take a serious look at the first two rolls which I shot in Angkor with Noémi two weeks ago.

I was using the new 35 mm lens which my parents bought for me for my birthday and which Noémi carried with her.

My lightmeter failed in the middle of our stay in Siem Reap (there is bad connection with the display) so I had to rely on the "sweet sixteen" rule, a.k.a. "sunny 16" rule - thank you Karl for teaching me!- and intuition...

Also my camera got a bit of water and I decided to rewind the film, open the camera and make sur all humidity was wiped before reloading the film.

So, many disturbing factors (maybe the broken lightmeter was actually a good thing because I used to rely too much on it) but in the end some pictures I'm pretty happy with.

Let's start with a postcard-like picture of Angkor Wat's moat.


And an even more cliché picture of monks walking in Angkor Wat (do I sound blasé?)



Now, the rainy season means it rains one or twice a day so here is my best shot of what Angkor Wat looks like under the rain...
More soon, I have to work a little bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home