Joseph au Cambodge

Les merveilleuses aventures de votre serviteur au pays des Khmers

13 September 2006

Formose

A bit "lost in translation", I've just arrive to the Chang Kai-Shek airport...

The airport is very quiet except for the place I found with free
Internet access which has loud music. Otherwize, it's empty corridors
and customer-less duty free shops with sleepy staff checking their
watches for the time to go home. It's only 8pm though...

After hearing much about Ho Chi Minh, Mao and of course the Khmer
Rouge, I'm now in the country of Chang Kai-Shek. How does it feel? I
couldn't say. I guess it must be really interesting to compare Taiwan
and (mainland) China but all I can see of Taiwan right now is an
airport with reproductions from the museum and a handicraft shop
selling "indegenous" pieces...

Now what about leaving Cambodia? I'm not inspired to write much
either. Obviously it's more in the days and hours before the flight
that the feeling is strongest. And of course since I will be back in
just over a month, I don't have to worry about everything I haven't
done yet or wonder if I should stay more... This will be for January
14...

My motodops may be my best friends in town: they like me (or my daily
1,500 riels?), especially the lady, the only female motodop in Phnom
Penh as far as I know, who has chosen the street corner where I live
as her waiting spot. She told four or five times "I miss you so much,
be well and good luck!"

I hired her and a younger man as my motodops to drive me to the
airport: a lot more fun than taking a cab or being driven by someone!
Except when it starts raining on the way. Well, the heavy rain started
only 1 or 2 minutes away from the terminal, there shouldn't be any
dammage. I have quite a lot of luggage : a 6kg backpack for

["sorry we're closing" says the guy...]

So have a nice time everybody, I should be boarding in 3 hours and
something then a 13 and a half hour flight and I should land at
Charles de Gaulle!

Best wishes

Joseph

3 Comments:

At 15 September, 2006 03:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merveilleux voyage !!! Je me suis régalée avec les images et les vidéos ... profite à FOND de cette expérience formidable !!! J'attends l'album complet au retour.
Mille mercis pour la carte reçue ce matin.
Une prof bien fière de son ancien élève !
Biz
Laurence.

 
At 15 September, 2006 04:50, Blogger Joseph said...

moi je veux bien mais je ne crois pas avoir ecrit de carte a qui que ce soit (honte a mois) en 8 mois au cambodge...
laurence ? laurence ?
bon je sais pas, vous me faites douter

 
At 16 September, 2006 09:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut Joseph,

C'est Fred. Le message du dessus m'est destiné, Laurence est ma prof de latin et de français de 3ème et 4ème. C'est une confusion due a un clic malencontreux depuis ma galerie photo.
Mais cela ne t'empêche pas d'envoyer des cartes a tes amis espèce de fainéant !

A plus. Fred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home