Joseph au Cambodge

Les merveilleuses aventures de votre serviteur au pays des Khmers

06 October 2006

How my computer and I parted company

A few days ago I wrote about how pleased I was to reunite with... my computer!

I used to spend so much time on that computer, installing and uninstalling operating systems and software, going from FreeBSD to Windows XP and Mandrake Linux, using the computer to watch TV and surf the Internet, work and program, play backgammon, watch DVDs...

I am now very happy to announce that my computer and I parted company! I gave it to my cousin, kept the hard drives which contain all my archives but otherwise decided it would have a better use at her place than waiting for me unused.

And when I come back from Cambodia, I'll try to live a different life, spend less time on the computer to live the "real" life which obviously is in the streets and the roads and the countryside and the mountains, not in the computer!

Wishful thinking?

3 Comments:

At 06 October, 2006 14:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

?!? The computer stills a useful communication tool, The proof I'm able to message you.
Gik.

 
At 07 October, 2006 02:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once computer addictive - for ever computer addictive!!! ;-) There is no way to update the operating system in your brain!
Greetings from Münster
Bernd

PS: did you ever try Ubuntu?
PPS: this year I thought so many times that my time in Cambodia was too short.

 
At 11 October, 2006 21:58, Blogger May said...

Hi Joseph
I can read your blog today. cause most of the time you use French.
Hope you have a very good time there. I just finish writing in my blog. Then I check yours. Luckily I can read it. Hope to see you soon. i saw no pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home